The Collins Process
The Collins Role
- We start the Preparation Stage of an Engagement by focusing on the Client's operations - what they do, how they do it, where and how they sell.
- Then we study the company's financials and prospects.
- We work with the Client to refine the presentation of the business and products, its "go-to-market" and financing strategies
- We help prepare a Corporate Overview to be used in discussions with prospective investors, buyers and strategic partner targets.
- Corporate Overview ("Teaser") used to open initial discussions
- Financial presentation and projections
- Power point "decks" for company management presentations
- We determine with the Client whatever additional "collateral material" is needed to carry on negotiations and pass "due diligence". If the Client does not already have this collateral material at hand, we help to scope it out.
- TCG's solicitation process is designed to minimize Client involvement until a prospective investor, buyer, acquisition, or strategic partner shows definite interest.
- We comb our in-house database to compile a list of prospective Targets.
- In Financing and Sell Side Mandates we strive to identify up to 100 Targets that might have an interest.
- We make initial approaches to Targets and carry on all discussions until the Target shows definite interest by requesting a company management presentation. In short, we do all the work in qualifying interested parties before the Client needs to become involved.
- We work with the Client during detailed discussions for a "term sheet" and investment agreement, as well as from the due diligence process to closing.
- We maintain an ongoing relationship when we are to assist in the next stages of expansion/financing.