Nicholas (Nick) Lehmann is Senior Adviser – Middle East for the Collins Group and will primarily focus on transactions in the financial services and oil and gas sectors. Nick has almost 40 years of multinational, multicultural and varied management experiences in the UK, Australia and the Middle East. His roles have been diverse of which include being the Chief Financial Officer for a National Oil & Gas Company and an insurance group. He has served as a Director of banks and insurance companies in the UK, Australia and the Middle East and has been the founding CEO of three Finance companies in the Middle East.
Nick has a B.Sc. in Mathematics from London University, a Masters in Management Science from Imperial College, London and professional qualifications in finance (FCA), insurance (ACII) and banking (ACIB); all from the recognized professional bodies in the UK.
He has an excellent contact base derived from having worked with and for important family groups, Sovereign Wealth Funds and institutions in the region. This enables Investment opportunities to be explored both inwards and outwards from the region. Nicholas has many years of experience in investment review, M&A, IPOs, capital restructuring, enterprise risk management and corporate governance through working at multinationals companies such as Jardines, RBS Group and Aon group. He is currently an adviser to the Emirates Investment Bank for new product development and development activities.
- Among his many accomplishments:
- Critical review of financial/economic models to life of field and oil & gas accounting policies; lead to a major shift in declared profits for a Government owned O&G operator.
- Due-diligence and risk analysis for acquisitions, particularly for a farm-in agreement for a $7 billion investment.
- M&A in the UK, Australia, the GCC and Kazakhstan including buying and selling a bank, buying an insurance company and merging a broking business in Oman
- M&A and capital restructuring work for a major group in the GCC.
- Lead the IPO process for a Power Project in the GCC.
- Arranged significant funded and non-funded lines both inwards and outwards. Strong in structuring and documentation of facilities.
- Founded two finance companies from conception to become strong market participants. Work includes strategy, hiring the key management team, building capability and developing the business model.
- Restructured an insurance group in Australia to maximize use of multi-million dollar tax losses.
- Developed process maps and business requirements to build a complete transaction processing system for a multi-product Finance Company.
- Structured reinsurance treaties of related parties to maximize accounting benefits
- Consolidated risk reporting and implemented specialist ERM software to create, assess, manage, monitor and report risks as part of a major Corporate Governance initiative at an O&G operator.