Engagements & Mandates
Consumer, Industrial & Financial
Consumer & Household Products
- Apparel Canada: Arranged sale of a Canadian glove company to Swedish public company.
- Household Products Brazil: Engaged to identify acquisitions targets in Brazil for Swedish company that is the 2nd largest mattress company in the world.
Food Products & Services
- Frozen Food Argentina: Initiated the acquisition of a frozen food Company in Argentina by a Canadian global specialty food producer.
- Baby Food UK: Engaged to arrange financing for a UK company with its own factory producing its own brand of retorted baby foods and manufacturing white label products for leading retailers.
- Aquaculture Canada: Advised Canadian specialty $100 million fish processor on acquiring US assets owned by a Norwegian company.
- Food Products Canada/Europe: Engaged to identify and solicit acquisition targets in Western and Eastern Europe for a Canadian global food company.
- Food Processing Denmark: Advised Danish company on sale of its Swedish food processing plant.
- On-Site Catering Brazil: Engaged to raise financing by privately owned Brazilian company that provides on-site meal services to 100+ companies in 8 Brazilian States.
- Farm Land Brazil: Engaged by a Brazilian owner to find a buyer for of a significant acreage of farm land producing two crops a year - soya and corn. Land is located in one of Brazil's most productive regions.
- Canada: Advisor to Canadian producer of white wood, cedar, veneer and specialty plywood on acquisitions and on debt and equity financing.
- Sweden: Responsible for majority acquisition of Swedish wood processing company by Swiss based private investment interests.
- Canada : Analyzed the British Columbia pulp industry for a major Swedish forest product company with an emphasis on the effects of the mountain pine beetle infestation and on identifying investment opportunities.
- Canada : Engaged to analyse Eastern Canada's forest products industry for a major Canadian financial institution, with the objective of investing millions a year in small and medium sized forest products enterprises.
- Chemicals Canada: Engaged to identify acquisition candidates in USA / Canada, Brazil and Europe for a Canadian producer of pulp and paper chemicals.
- Agricultural Replacement Parts Brazil: Sale of a Brazilian distributor of replacement parts for harvester agricultural equipment.
- Agricultural Replacement Parts #2 Brazil: Mandated to sell two other distributors of agricultural equipment replacement parts.
- Chemicals Argentina: Sales mandate from an Argentine company producing alkyd resins and water based emulsions for the coating, textile, floor waxes, leather, adhesives and construction industries.
- Oil Field Equipment Argentina: Mandate to approach a specific possible buyer identified by Collins for the leading manufacturer of API 6A & 6D oilfield equipment in Argentina.
- Banking Romania: Engaged by Romanian Bank to assist in a capital restructuring, and to arrange additional Tier 1 capital from private investors from Western Europe.
- Drug Discovery USA: Engaged to arrange financing for a USA drug discovery company with recognized experts that pioneered the field of Artificial Intelligence-Machine Learning for drug/molecular discovery.
Energy & Cleantech
- Off Shore Floating Wind Farm: A Swedish company has engaged The Collins Group to raise four rounds of financing: €5 million equity for general corporate purposes and up to €150 million project financing for offshore floating wind installations in Norway, England and Scotland.
- Micro/Mini Hydro Croatia: Engaged to arrange financing for a series of mini/micro hydro sites in Croatia.
- Hydro Canada / New England: Retained by Canadain telecom holding company to assess the pros and cons of the holding company acquiring a series of small hydro plants in New England and New York.
Software, IP, Technology
- Software Platform Sweden: On behalf of a Swedish bank, arranged the purchase by a Canadian public Company of a Swedish software Company specializing in presence management applications.
- Telecom Software Sweden: Acquisition mandate covering North America, Europe and South America for a public Swedish mobile telecom Software Applications Company.
- Telecom IP Sweden: Sourced and negotiated acquisition of IP rights to advanced telecommunications software application from a German company for a public Swedish company.
- Internet Start-up Canada: Sourced US $10 million for a Canadian e-commerce B2B start-up.
- Optical Data Storage Sweden/Hungary: Assisted in raising financing for a Swedish / Hungarian optical data storage company. Additionally supplied company with "bridge" staffing in business development, technology planning, market penetration strategy and financial modeling.
- Video Conferencing /IVR Canada: Arranged VC financing for Canadian video conferencing / IVR company.
- Internet / Telecom Dating Canada: Arranged VC financing for Canadian company operating a dating and internet / telecom platform.
- HR Talent Assessment Romania: Engaged to arrange financing for a Romanian software company that has developed a cloud based fully customizable assessment and development platform allowing for psychometric testing of current and potential employees to maximize an organization.s success. This is a rapidly growing multi-billion dollar market.
- Knowledge Engine for Smart Business Greece: Financial advisor and agent to arrange financing for a Greek software company that has a new, revolutionary artificial intelligence platform powered by natural language processing that helps navigate through oceans of data flows, to focus on what.s important and make decisions with more confidence.
Research & Development
- R&D Assessment Canada: On behalf of a large Canadian Government owned R&D facility, in partnership with a major IP law firm, performed: "Customized Review and Recommendations Regarding Intellectual Property Management and a Strategy to Enable Intellectual Property Commercialization of Selected Technologies". The assignment was to see if the technologies had any commercial applications/markets, and, if so, what issues lay between where the technology is now, and what will be needed for success in target markets. Several of those involved optical detection in hostile environments.